Patriotic Sugar Cookies are a fun way to celebrate all the summertime patriotic holidays with the red, white and blue colors.
I found my red and blue sanding sugars at Walmart. They are the generic Great Value brand. The red, white and blue jimmies are Betty Crocker brand and I found them at Publix.
Your family will love these and you will love how easy they are!
Patriotic Sugar Cookies
Servings: 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 25 minutes Bake Time: 20 minutes
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 3/4 all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Beat softened butter and sugar in a stand mixer on low speed and then add egg and vanilla and stir to combine
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk with a fork to combine
4. Add dry ingredients into mixer bowl 1/3 at a time, so in 3 batches and mix on low speed, scraping down the bowl in between adding more dry ingredients. If dough is very sticky and hard to work with by hand, chill in fridge for about 10 minutes.
5. Roll balls of cookie dough by hand and prepare dishes of sprinkles
6. Roll each cookie ball in sprinkles to coat
7. Bake until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to complete cooling.