I used to hate making meatballs homemade because they seemed to take FOREVER. This recipe is really simple and you don’t have to watch them or turn them over throughout the baking process.
But with the Instant Pot, I do not at all mind to make meatballs homemade. And let’s be honest, they are better homemade and fresh.
I think you will love these too. Not too much kick from the red pepper flakes but you can definitely omit if your kiddos refuse to eat those.
Combine all ingredients for meatballs in a bowl.
All the spices will be mixed in to the meat.
Then add cheese and mix it in.
Form your meatballs with your hands or a small cookie scoop.
Add 1 cup water and 2 cups sauce to the Instant Pot and add the meatballs.
Set the Instant Pot to cook on the Pressure Cooker setting for 10 minutes.
Once they are finished, let the pressure release for 10 minutes and then they are ready to serve over your favorite spaghetti or even on their own as a meal prep recipe with veggies. A great keto option! These meatballs do not even need their classic friend spaghetti!
Instant Pot Meatballs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time (including time to come to pressure and de-pressurize): 25 minutes
1 lb ground beef
2 teaspoons garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup water
2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs in a bowl and mix. Form meatballs with a small cookie scoop and set aside.
- Pour in 1 cup water and 2 cups spaghetti sauce in Instant Pot.
- Place meatballs in sauce.
- Close lid and set vent to sealed position.
- Cook on pressure cooker setting 10 minutes. It will take about 5 minutes to come to pressure.
- After the time goes off, let it naturally release the pressure for about 10 minutes.
- Turn the vent to the vent position and when it finishes, open the lid.