This dish is great because it’s versatile. This can be the main dish for dinner or it can be a side dish. It’s great warm at night or cold for your summer picnic.
I used this as a lunch meal prep for work recently and I loved it.
I think you will like it too. The hummus is a fun twist on a classic pasta salad and makes it creamy instead of that normal salty taste you are used to.
I enjoy dishes that are easy to customize. This is a great dish to add cooked chicken to if you want extra protein.
You might be skeptical about the hummus but you can use any flavor you like. I would recommend classic, garlic, roasted red pepper or olive tapenade.
So first you will gather your ingredients.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 7 minutes
1 lb mini farfalle noodles
1 large cucumber
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
1 can sliced black olives
1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
1/3 cup mild banana peppers
1 10 oz container of hummus
Feta cheese, if desired
1. Boil water with salt to prevent pasta from sticking. Cook pasta according to package directions, about 7 minutes for al dente noodles.
2. While pasta is cooking, wash and dice cucumber. Wash tomatoes and cut them in half.
3. Drain liquid from olives and chickpeas.
4. Strain pasta and add all ingredients to a bowl and stir
5. Serve! I actually enjoyed it warm but it is good cold too.