Shamrock Sugar Cookies are like the gold at the end of the rainbow. They are soft and chewy and only have dipped in chocolate and gold sprinkles so they have a better balance and are not too sweet.
The gold sprinkles can be found at Michael’s, on Amazon and in places they have Wilton products. The coins are seasonal but they have a look-alike that I use when I can’t find the seasonal ones.
First you will make my Roll Out Sugar cookie dough.
Then you will roll it out.
After that you will use a Shamrock Cookie Cutter to cut festive shapes. Be careful, the stem of the shamrock is hard to remove without breaking it from the rest of the shape.
Bake 7-9 minutes. While cookies are cooking, melt green candy melts accord to package directions. They are often 2 for $5 at Michael’s.
Dip one half of each cookie into the candy melt and add gold sprinkles. Let set about 5-10 minutes.
Shamrock Sugar Cookies
Prep Time: 25 minutes, Cook Time: 7-9 minutes, Total Time: 1 hour
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Beat softened butter and sugar in a stand mixer on low speed and then add egg and vanilla and stir to combine
3. Add dry ingredients and stir, scraping down bowl halfway through.
4. Lightly flour your work surface and roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
5. Use cookie cutters to cut shapes. Transfer cookies to baking sheet and bake 7-9 minutes.