I used to be really intimated by the idea of making pizza but this is really easy.
We eat this several times a month and switch up the toppings a lot. We are always trying new combinations.
When we moved out of the cheap college town we were living in to a tourist-y area in Florida we were shocked at how expensive it was to order a pizza. And the grocery prices are inflated too. Frozen pizza was a regular item on our grocery lists. But then some companies switched up their recipes and the taste just is not what it used to be.
Being the pizza lovers that we are, we decided to try to make it at home. You should do the same!
I mean, come on.. look at that! And you can have it on the table in the same amount of time that it would take to get a pizza delivered!
Pepperoni Sheet Pan Pizza
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 12 slices
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup warm water
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
1/2 teaspoon olive oil, plus some for drizzling
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup pizza sauce
2 1/2 cups shredded cheese
3 oz pepperoni
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
2.Put honey in the bottom of your mixing bowl. Measure out one cup of warm water (about 110-115 degrees Fahrenheit) and pour over honey. Let sit one minute.
3. Sprinkle yeast into bowl over water and honey. Let rise until bubbling for a few minutes.
4.. Stir in olive oil and salt
5. Add flour in 3 batches, stirring to mix in with each addition. I usually mix with my KitchenAid mixer dough hook attachment and make sure to scrape down the bowl as it mixes.
6. Knead the dough with the dough hook for 3-5 minutes.
7. Drizzle olive oil into the bottom of a clean bowl and transfer the dough to the bowl to rise. Cover with a clean, dry towel and let sit 30 minutes.
8. Grease your sheet pan and roll out the dough.
9. Spread sauce evenly across dough.
10. Top with half of the cheese, then pepperoni, then the rest of the cheese. Add garlic.
11. Bake at 500 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Slice and serve.