So I got an instant Pot for my birthday in December and it is my new favorite thing. I know, I know. I am behind the times on this trend.
But I am so glad I have one now because it is so useful and versatile. The version I have is an updated model that has WiFi so I can link it to my phone and check on it from outside the house. Didn’t even know they made ones like that! When I opened it I was so excited.. props to my dad! Anyways…
This is by far my favorite way to make sweet potatoes. It cuts the time down by 2/3 and the product is better!
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes (including pressure release)
1 1/2 cups water
4 sweet potatoes
Butter for topping
1. Pour 1 1/2 cups water in Instant Pot
2. Place trivet in Instant Pot
3. Wash and clean sweet potatoes. Place sweet potatoes on trivet.
4. Put on Instant Pot lid and be sure the vent is in sealed position.
5. Put on pressure cook setting for 18 minutes. Let pressure for about 5 minutes and then turn vent to venting position.
6. Remove sweet potatoes, top with butter and serve!