Sometimes you just need a simple recipe that takes 5 minutes to throw together. Disclaimer: this recipe takes a total of 4 hours and 5 minutes to be ready to eat. However, there are only 5 minutes of active time in the kitchen. What could be better than that?
Use this for a weeknight dinner that cooks while you are at work or for a weekend when you have a bunch of errands to do and want to relax with your loved ones too. I know all too well that chores and errands can get in the way of that quality time resting in between work weeks, so I love recipes like this one that let me get everything on my to do list done and spend more time by the pool or binge watching tv on Netflix with Jonathan!
So here is what you need for this recipe:
-1 lb of chicken breast tenderloins
-1 cup of barbecue sauce
-1/2 cup of hot sauce
-2 tablespoons jalepeno juice (fresh if you want bold flavor or from a jalepeno slices jar)
-1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a bowl and stir
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick spray
- Add chicken to the slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Add sauce on top of chicken
- Set slow cooker to cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours
- Shred and serve