These taco salads are a fun inexpensive dinner. We love to have these for a quick dinner that doesn’t take too much work. We start by crushing Doritos or tortilla chips in a bowl.
Then add a layer of chopped lettuce
Next layer is black beans and corn.
Then add sautéed bell peppers and onions
Add cooked ground beef seasoned with Old El Paso taco seasoning.
Add a dollop of sour cream
Add a little cheese and salsa or hot sauce and it doesn’t even need dressing
And there you have it! Taco salad!
Time & Serving Size
Cook time: About 30 mins active time
Makes 2 large or 4 small servings
1 lb ground beef
1 packet Old El Paso taco seasoning
1/3 bag chips, crushed
1 head of lettuce
1 bell pepper
1 can corn
1 can black beans
Toppings: sour cream, cheese, hot sauce, salsa
1. Spray a skillet with non stick spray and cook ground beef until there is no pink remaining. Drain the fat and add taco seasoning and a little water and simmer on low heat for 3-5 minutes
2. While meat is cooking, chop a bell pepper and an onion. Sauté in a pan with olive oil until onions are caramelized and peppers are soft
3. Chop a tomato and head of lettuce
4. Crush chips in a bowl; add lettuce
5. Add corn and black beans then peppers and onions
6. Add meat and toppings