Oatmeal is a great breakfast, late night snack and sweets craving fix! It’s filling and good for your body. I’m all about meal prep for the weekdays since I work full time and have a long commute.
Here is what you need to make Apple Pie Oatmeal for meal prep or for a crowd:
This is a simple mix together and bake for 20-25 minutes recipe. Not hands on or active work which is great. When it is done it looks like this. I use less milk because I don’t like super thick oatmeal. You can use more to make it sticky like boxed oatmeal or to make it thicker.
–3 cups oats
-1 1/2 cup milk or more depending on preference for consistency (I use almond milk)
-2 teaspoons vanilla
-4 small apples (any type)
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-3 teaspoons apple pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add vanilla and then eggs, one at a time and stir.
4. Add milk and stir
5. Add milk
6. Transfer ingredients to baking dish and sprinkle brown sugar on top
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes and let cool
8. Store in fridge for meal prep and reheat in oven or microwave with a little extra milk
P.S. check out the video of this recipe on my YouTube channel!