These cookies turned out WAY better than I ever expected. It all started with a craving for peanut butter cookies, but a desire for a new twist on the classic taste. I got out my favorite new almond butter from MaraNatha Foods: The Coconut Almond Butter with whole coconut pulp. So good on toast, sweet potatoes, bananas and really anything at all. The coconut flavor wouldn’t last when mixed with all the other ingredients so I added McCormick Imitation Coconut Extract as well.
They are so yummy: crunchy and crisp at the edges, but chewy and soft in the middle. They are just baked, enough to be done but be soft and have that slightly under-baked texture if you like that!
So, here’s what you need!
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour (unsifted)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup MaraNatha Coconut Almond Butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp coconut extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Cream butter with electric mixer. Add sugars. Beat to combine until light and fluffy (2 mins or so)
3. Add almond butter. Beat until combined.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix on low-medium speed until evenly distributed.
5. Add extracts and mix on low-medium speed until evenly distributed.
6. Combine dry ingredients in a separate medium sized bowl.
7.Add dry ingredients into the wet in small portions scraping bowl as necessary.
For large cookies, use a large ice cream scooper or cookie scooper. For smaller cookies use a normal spoon to scoop dough.
8. Bake approximately 10 mins. Let cool before enjoying!
Tip: Remove tray from oven with both hands. Drop tray from thigh height to floor to remove air and help keep cookies soft.