These snickerdoodles are soft, light and chewy! Cinnamon and sugar coat the dough before baking. What could be better?!
To make these cookies you will need the following ingredients. While getting your ingredients ready preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cream room temperature butter and sugar (reserving 2 tablespoons) on low speed in an electric mixer. Add eggs and mix on stir speed to combine. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
Add flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and a pinch of cinnamon and mix flour in completely. Put dough covered in fridge for 30 mins or freezer for 10 mins.
Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small dish. Form cookie dough into small balls and roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake 7-9 minutes.
And there you have it! Delicious, soft cookies!
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a cookie sheet.
- Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer on low speed. Add eggs and mix to combine. Add vanilla and mix to combine
- Add baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, pinch of cinnamon and flour to the mixer and stir until flour is fully combined, scraping down the sides to mix it all in to the dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes in a covered bowl.
- Form dough into balls and roll in remaining cinnamon and sugar combined in a dish.
- Bake 7-9 minutes and cool before serving