This is one of my favorite recipes. It is the most requested recipe I make. It is great for parties and as an appetizer. It is also great for dinner with salad to balance it out. There are several different ways to make this recipe but this one is the best.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8 X 8 baking dish with cooking spray. If doubling the recipe for a crowd, use a 9 X 13 size dish. Then gather the ingredients.
Spray a pan with non stick spray. Heat on the stove on medium high with olive oil in the pan. Prep chicken with salt and pepper and cook until the juices run clear and internal thermometer reads at least 165 for 4 seconds.
While the chicken is cooking: Heat 8oz (one block) of cream cheese to room temperature by heating in a microwave safe bowl for 15-20 seconds or letting rest on the counter. This will help to soften it. Spread the soft cream cheese in the bottom of the baking dish. Add 1/2 cup of ranch dressing and 1/2 plus 2 tablespoons hot sauce.
Stir to combine. Add 2 cups shredded cheese and fold into mixture.
Now the chicken is done (see above). Next, you will shred the chicken into small pieces and mix in with the remainder of the ingredients.
Once you have shredded the chicken, mix it into the sauce mixture in the baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on the counter for 5 minutes to set. See the finished product below. YUM! GIMME!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
-one 8oz block cream cheese
-1 lb raw chicken (can use already cooked chicken if shredded)
-1/2 cup ranch dressing
-1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons hot sauce
*my favorite is Frank’s Buffalo Hot Sauce*
-2 cups shredded cheese
-salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8 X 8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Heat a skillet sprayed with non-stick spray and olive oil on the stove on medium high.
- Cook chicken until juices run clear and internal thermometer reads at least 165 for 4 seconds on the stove.
- While chicken is cooking, soften cream cheese by bringing to room temperature on counter or heating in microwave for 15-20 seconds. Spread in bottom of baking dish.
- Add 1/2 cup ranch and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons hot sauce into dish. Fold in 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Shred cooked chicken and add to sauce mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in oven. Let cool to set for 5 minutes or more on counter.
Serve with chips or veggies!